Our facility is available to all University of Washington investigators and investigators from outside institutions.
Rates for services are estimates for UW investigators only and subject to change at any time. Additional fees may apply.
Rooms are approved for ABSL2 studies.
- Caesarian rederivation is used to create germ-free mice from existing specific pathogen free (SPF) mouse lines
- Requires 8-12 females and 4-6 males of SPF mice
- Requires 4 months notice
- Germ-free rederivation $6546
- GERM-FREE (GF) MICE
- Germ-free mice available for experimental studies
- GF Swiss Webster $101.79 per mouse
- GF C57BL/6J $150.94 per mouse
- ISOLATOR MAINTENANCE OF GF MICE
- Breeding and maintenance of germ-free mice
- Performed in 5-ft flexible film isolators
- Each isolator capable of housing 12-15 cages
- Isolator set-up $756.16
- Isolator per diem $5.45
- EXPERIMENTAL STUDY SUPPORT
- Short term experimental studies with colonized mice or germ-free mice
- Performed in the Tecniplast Isocage P system
- Hermetically sealed, positive pressured HEPA filtered cages
- Validated to maintain germ-free mice for up to 12 weeks
- Allows easier access to experimental mice for technical procedures
- Tecniplast Isocage per diem $5.86
- DIET STERILITY TESTING
- Testing the sterility of special diets using germ-free mice
- Analyzed by aerobic and anaerobic culture, fecal gram staining, and/or 16s rRNA PCR
- Please contact GNAC co-directors for more information
- TECHNICAL PROCEDURES
- Technical support and help is available by request
- Housing and husbandry related technical support such as assistance opening Tecniplast Isocages using sterile technique, presterilization of equipment or supplies, collection of fecal samples at time of cage change, etc.
- Experimental technical support such as genotyping, identification, sample administration, sample collection, non-routine health checks, etc.
- Housing and husbandry related technical support $35.00 per hour
- Experimental technical support $58.11 per hour